Wednesday 27 October 2010

Garden Party

I decided to brave the cold weather and go for bare legs with this look. The waistcoat is from Primark, dress from Mango and the boots are All Saints.
I love the sleeves on this dress; they are sheer and add a lot of volume. The dress itself is loose fitting and falls off the body; I’m only 5”2 and have I reasonable size pair of boobs on me, so this isn’t always my best look, adding the waist coat gives me back my shape, therefore avoiding the very wide munchkin look J
My ring is from a Vintage Market in France and my necklace is by Erin Wasson .I was able to get the necklace as I won a raffle when I went to Marie Claire’s Inspire and Mentor event, the prize was £300 to spend at mywardrobe.com J
The waistcoat I’m wearing is brilliant for Autumn Winter 10, as leather is everywhere;   it’s sexy yet grungy at the same time, adding a slight rock and roll edge.
I have a leather skirt from a few years ago which I’ve just dug out from  the back of my wardrobe, but I find myself wanting a pair of leather shorts, I’ve done my research and found a black New Look pair for £45, a brown pair from Next at £28 and a pair from Oasis for £60. I will have to start saving!
The pair I having been lusting after but will never be able to buy are the Vanessa Bruno Athé pair and they are £245!!! I love how they are styled here with black tights, a white shirt and sequined waistcoat, a definite nod to the Glam Goth look Balmain sent down the runway. Below picture from http://www.net-a-porter.com/

Ashley x

2 comments:

  1. You have fantastic legs. It's kinda a public duty to keep them bare :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments