Saturday 16 July 2011

Native Heart


You don’t know how ecstatic I was when I came back from holiday to find these shorts waiting for me. I was sent them by Native Heart Vintage a lovely website where you can actually customise and choose how and what you want on your shorts!!! I had the hard choice of deciding between the multitude of different combinations... Acid wash, Ombre, American Flag, Pyramid studs, Dome studs ... If I could I would have had them all.
I finally chose the acid wash distressed shorts; I really felt they would go with almost everything in my wardrobe. When they arrived with a hand written note and beautifully wrapped it made me love them even more. Check out their site here.
 So unique.
I’m wearing my new favourite shorts with a Gok Corset. Ok so it’s technically shape wear ... but I love the little corset/ bodies that are around at the moment, sadly I have found it very hard to find one that fits my chest, this is simple enough to sort of work the “underwear as outer wear” look.
The paisley kimono was a find from Boohoo.... as I have said before they do surprise me sometimes and have some lovely pieces.
The shoes are Jeffrey Campbell Gypsy Clogs, I have wanted a pair ever since I saw them on Madeline from Jean Greige (I find her very inspiring and her jewellery is insane!). I scoured the internet for AGES before I finally found them on EBay of all places. They remind me of my Barbie’s shoes when I was younger- they make your foot look so cute!
Ashley x

9 comments:

  1. abosolutely love your blog! those shorts are so nice & ofc the shoes too <3 X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore your shorts!!! Perfect summer cut offs. Great blog... following you now!!

    XO, Liza
    fashion over groceries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, yay! Thanks for the mention. I also like how we both mentioned boobs, coming from opposite ends of the spectrum. Your corset looks totally rad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this outfit!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am in lust with these shoes! i know what you mean about barbies shoes haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vibe of the outfit. It's very Janis Joplin meets 2011. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shorts are beautiful- and the shoes, to die for!!!

    Thanks for the info on Turkey, looks gorgeous.

    x
    Rachel

    thefashionedition.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are gorgeous. And those Gok corsets are really flattering (not that you need it) my mums friend has one and it worked amazingly, although I was wondering if they were comfortable..
    I so agree with Boohoo, sometimes the stuff is so horrendous but I've been seeing some real gems lately, as have you I see from that Kimono.

    Lily at Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the shorts! they look amazing paired with that corset, veryyy nice outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments